How do I install or update Adobe Flash Player on Mozilla Firefox browser?
Adobe Flash Player is a plugin that allows browsers such as Firefox to display Flash media on web pages. Flash is often used for animations, videos and games. This article explains how to install Flash.
Installing Flash using the Plugin Finder Service
1. Go to a page that uses Flash such as Adobe’s test page.
The below information contains the latest Flash Player version:
- Windows: Internet Explorer (and other browsers that support Internet Explorer ActiveX controls and plug-ins)- 10.3.183.7
- Windows: Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera (and other plugin-based browsers) – 10.3.183.7
- Macintosh – OS X: Firefox, Opera, Safari – 10.3.183.7
- Linux: Mozilla, Firefox, SeaMonkey – 10.3.183.7
- Windows: Chrome – 10.3.183.7
- Macintosh – OS X: Chrome – 10.3.183.7
- Linux: Chrome – 10.3.183.7
- Solaris: Mozilla – 10.3.183.7
2. A yellow notification bar will appear above the webpage. Click Install Missing Plugins. The Plugin Finder Service window will appear.
3. Select the most recent version of Flash listed, then click Next.
4. Click the radio button next to I agree and then click Next.
5. In the Flash installer window, click the check box next to I have read and agree to the terms of the license agreement and then click the Install button that will become activated, to begin the installation.
If Windows asks to allow Adobe Flash Player to make changes to your computer, click Yes.
6. When the installation is done, click Finish. The page will reload and you should have Flash installed.
Installing the Flash plugin manually
1. Go to the Flash Player download page at Adobe.com and download the Flash installer.
2. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (File menu in Windows XP) and then click Exit.
3. Open the file you downloaded (i.e. install_flash_player.exe), then follow the installer’s instructions.
Keeping Flash up-to-date
The latest version of the Flash plugin should perform better and crash less often. To check if Flash is up to date, visit Mozilla’s Plugin Check page. If it says that Flash needs to be updated, install the latest version manually using the steps in the section above.