Translating with Yahoo! Smart Tools
The Smart Tools menu allows you to translate a web page from one of many languages to English. To translate a web page, follow these steps:
- Highlight the text you want to search for on the web page.
- Click the Smart Tools icon, and select Translate to English from the menu. Yahoo! Babel Fish translates all the text on the page to English and displays it in the same browser view. Text inside images is not translated.
- Tips 1: Use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation for the highest quality translations.
- Tips 2: After you’ve translated some text, click the button marked “Search the web with this text” in order to launch a search using the translation results as your query.
- Tips 3: Compare a translated web page with the original by clicking “View page in its original language.”
Translate directly from your browser!
Bring translation capability to your site
With Yahoo! Babel Fish, your users can translate passages of text or entire Web pages among 12 languages, or they can quickly translate your page into their language of choice.
Adding Babel Fish Translation to your site is free and easy. Simply choose the tool (or tools) you want for your site, click the “I want this one!” button, then copy and paste the single line of code into your page. Take your pick from two powerful tools.